Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Day 2 or Like Chocolate for Vomit

Today was the big spa day for Whacked Out Wednesdays. This was the girls only day and it ended up being pretty nice. We gave the girls the whole pampering treatment including manicures, pedicures and facials. We even had a chocolate fountain with many fun things to dip. The young ladies also decorated their own flip flops as a little take-away. They all seemed to have a great time and are already on their way to enjoying the many finer things of life. The chocolate fountain was definitely a hit although it will come to play a nasty part further along in our story.




After the spa day Lydia was invited to have tea with Sarah and her little sister Hydia. (I'm not sure about the spelling there.) This was a hoot with the girls and Sarah was pretty thorough with trying to teach them the proper etiquette of tea. There were miniature everything including PB&J sandwiches on homemade bread. (Way to go Sarah!)


After tea Lydia and I headed back to the house for her to pack up an overnight bag as she was spending the night with our cousin Kat. Here's where the story goes from fun-filled day to vomit filled car. Lydia said her head was hurting so we decided it would be best for her to lie down for a little while when we got home. On the way home she became more than a little car sick and ended up emptying the contents of her stomach on the floor of my car. She promptly said, "Oh I feel better now except for the bad taste in my mouth." I got her home, into the shower and cleaned off before I started on my car. From here on out I will not fill you in on the gory details other than to say I might possibly be using a whole bottle of Febreze this weekend. A little while later Lydia was asking for food because her "stomach felt empty." Ya think?! She wanted carrots, she got Saltines. She also decided that she didn't think she could think or even talk about chocolate for awhile.



Lydia is now over at our cousin's house spending the night because I have to work all day tomorrow. Jackie just laughed and laughed. I guess after having 6 kids you can find the humor in vomit. I, however, am going to have to take a couple days to get there I think, or at least until the smell has somewhat dissipated. Ah well. That's what aunts are for right...to get nieces so sick on chocolate and then let them puke all over your car. It's a good thing she's so cute and lovable!

2 comments:

Secy 185 said...

Oh, that is a sad but funny story. I am remembering some days. You did spare our car though. Or, the bucket from Big Lots did. That spa thing looked like a seriously fun day though. I would like that.

sarah cool said...

EEEEEWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are a GOOD aunt!!!!! Wow!!!!!!

I'm thinking it was a combination of chocolate spa day, too much sugar at a tea party, jumping up and down in my guest bedroom, and being car sick.... poor Lydia!!!

(EW!)