Sunday, January 13, 2008

At Last...

Hooray, my new computer has finally arrived and I am again connected to the cyber world. It really does seem like I haven't blogged in quite some time and a lot of things have happened in the last few weeks especially considering we're talking about the holidays. I'm going to leave that for another blog, however, and devote this particular blog to my very smart and beautiful niece.

On Friday she was runner up in her schools spelling bee. This is impressive for two reasons. First, I helped her practice a little bit over Christmas break and some of the words I don't know if I would be able to spell right without the ever present spell check. The second reason that this is impressive is because she has my brother's spelling genes somewhere in her. Apparently they're recessive though. I would elaborate on how Friday mornings were somewhat stressful in our house before the weekly spelling test but then I'm sure Jason would comment on how every other morning was stressful because of the "discussion" that my mom and I would have over the chosen outfit for the day.

So, anyway, congratulations Lydia! I'm so proud of you!

No comments: