Tuesday, March 11, 2008

"You not Nammaw, you Maynin."

That is the comment I heard over and over again this past week from my nephew Cameron. I went up to Y-town to celebrate his third birthday (side note: yes we did get the massive snow storm there as well...something like 15-17 inches) and following along in his brother's shoes he has started calling me Nammaw. While sometimes he does it just to get attention, most of the time he was doing it honestly and then correcting himself. Now I love my mother but I really don't think I look that much like her. And, no offense Mom, but I definitely don't have the same hair color.

Here is my mom...

and here is me with my brother who I personally thinks looks more like her


I don't know. Maybe I do look more like my mom then I think (which I don't consider a bad thing) but, seriously, I don't want to be called Nammaw yet. And, what the heck, why do both of my nephews have issue with it. Lydia never confused us. Boys...sheesh.

Anyway, for your added enjoyment I'm adding some more photos from the time at home.

Can you see?


"Hey, I like this icing thing!"


Family photo with everyone actually smiling


Strike a pose

2 comments:

Secy 185 said...

I smile every time I see Cameron's "strike a pose" picture.

sandra mae said...

I like the new blog layout- snazzy!
hey-- how do I get "invited" to the Spalsh-Zone website? I was denied... sadness.
fun toi finally see you last night!